Introducing the Foundation Mascot: Betty Get Better
After more than 250 names were suggested by Gold Coast Health staff, patients, hospital visitors and locals for the Gold Coast Hospital Foundation mascot, we are delighted to reveal the winning name of the Foundation mascot is: Betty Get Better.
As the heart and soul of our local organisation, our mascot Betty Get Better will be the face of Gold Coast Hospital Foundation in the community and help spread the word about the vital support the Foundation provides to patients and their families suffering medical hardship.
We chose the name Betty Get Better because it positively represents what the Foundation strives to achieve each and every day – helping patients of all ages get better through the services and support the Foundation delivers thanks to generous community donations:
- Get better access to vital care through patient services such as the Cancer Patient Transport Service
- Get better due to improved health care and health environments
- Get better medical equipment and aids
- Get better outcomes through medical research
- And provide the platform for health staff to get better in their skills and knowledge through education and training